Wednesday 16 March 2011

New Evoc camera bag to test / try...

I popped down to SilverfishUK down in Saltash this morning after getting a nice email from Pete Drew saying he had something for me...

A new Prototype camera bag from Evoc...

First time I saw Evocs stuff was at Euro bike last year and there bags for carrying bikes, suitcases, gear bags etc are all really well through through bits of kit...so the camera bag should be alright...

Anyway only had it for an hour or so so just check out all the pockets and straps etc

First few things I have noticed:

  • Big, Boxy and large
  • TONES of room for gear
  • Lacking padded laptop space
  • has enough straps for about 5000 tripods/spades/skis etc
Now When Pete asked me if I could do this I said yes of course, but its no secret I'm one of Fstop Gears staff togs along with the likes of Sven/Clay etc ( Weird hey!? ) and also have a really good relationship with the guys at Lowe Pro...So to be quite honest I'm all sorted as far as bags go...but I will give this one a try out in the woods, give it a hammering and report back to the people that be...

Anyway few photos of the new Evoc next to the bench mark for adventure camera backpacks the Fstop...

( see blog post on all the bags I use here:
http://jacobgibbinsdotcodotuk.blogspot.com/2010/12/camera-bag-showdown.html
The Evoc will replace the Tamrac... )

Here is the guts... you cant quite see how big the Fstop is as its crammed with all my gear, but they are about the same size....

The backs all done up, nothing to interesting here, the Fstops soft foam back is hard to beat...

And the fronts...the Evoc still looking new ( as you would expect ) and the Fstop looking a bit grubby as it gets used all the time and thrown around like a rag doll....


Full review on it in a week or so once I have had a real play...

No comments:

Post a Comment